What makes this meal so quick and easy is that everything’s seasoned the same, goes in the oven at the same time and comes out of the oven at the same time, too.
Buying individual salmon fillets of the same weight and thickness makes it easy to gauge when the salmon is perfectly cooked. For a 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick fillet, this means 10 to 12 minutes. That’s just enough time to set the table. It’s also just enough time to cook crisp-tender veggies that haven’t lost their fresh flavor or vibrant color.
Make this meal again and again, using a new combination of vegetables each time. Bok choy, thinly sliced cabbage, carrots and zucchini are all delicious options.
Serves: 4 / Time in the Kitchen: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos https://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-it-primal-7-more-foods-scrutinized/ or tamari (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil (15 ml)
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets (170 g each)
- 3/4 pound green beans (340 g)
- 1 pound mushrooms (try a blend of cremini and oyster), roughly chopped (450 g)
- 3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF (232 ºC).
- Place three rimmed baking pans in the oven to heat up. One needs to be just large enough to hold the salmon, the other two will be for the vegetables. The more spread out the veggies are, the faster they will cook.
- In a blender, combine the coconut aminos (or tamari) and the oils, green onions and garlic for about 25 seconds, until the green onions and garlic are very finely chopped.
- Pour 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the sauce into a small bowl and then brush it onto the salmon pieces.
- Combine the green beans, bell peppers and mushrooms in a large bowl. Pour the remaining sauce on top and use your hands to toss the veggies until well coated.
- Take the hot pans out of the oven. Set the salmon pieces in one of the hot pans. Spread the veggies out in the other two pans. Place all the pans in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon reaches desired doneness.
- Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper over the salmon and veggies to taste. Serve with additional coconut aminos or tamari on the side for additional flavor if needed.