• 1 medium to large sized eggplant, sliced into ¾ inch thick rounds
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Sea salt and pepper
• 4 lean organic, grass-fed ground beef patties, grilled or cooked
• Sautéed mushrooms, sliced
• Tomatoes, sliced
• Dijon mustard
1. Heat up your grill. Brush each eggplant round with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill each eggplant round over medium-high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes or until grill marks appear and the eggplant is heated through and slightly softened. Repeat on opposite side but only grill for about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. To assemble: Spread on dijon mustard on one eggplant round, top with the cooked beef patty, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes and add any other condiments as desired and top with another grilled eggplant “bun” round and serve.