- 1 pound lean beef steak (add more lean steak to meet 8 oz. requirement)
- 4 large zucchinis, cut into noodles
- ¾ cup homemade teriyaki sauce (see below)
- 2 large red bell peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- one small chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and place it in a shallow baking dish. Pour over ½ cup of teriyaki sauce and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Chop up the broccoli florets into same size pieces, halve or quarter if they're big. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and fry it for 3-4 minutes per side or until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest.
- In the same skillet add the remaining olive oil and heat it over high heat. Add the red pepper strips and broccoli florets and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini noodles and fry for 1 minute. Add the remaining teriyaki sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat. Divide the noodles and veggies between serving plates, top with sliced steak and sprinkle
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- stevia or splenda to sweeten
- 2 tbs fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp tapioca flour (optional- if you want your sauce to be thicker)
Note: Basic recipe from PaleoGrubs.com and adapted for Ideal Protein Diet