- Your body can enter a catabolic state, in which your tissues break down
- Excess cortisol (a stress hormone) can be released, which not only contributes to catabolism but also to chronic disease
- You can develop microscopic tears in your muscle fibers (which may fail to heal if you continue over-exercising), and increased risk for injuries
- Your immune system may be weakened
- You may develop insomnia, especially if your workout is in the afternoon or evening
Exercising excessively or incorrectly can backfire on your health in a number of ways. For example, the following can occur when you exercise too much or too hard:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Ruth Siegel / Owner & Coach